Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Store with "We Make Everything" Slogan would Improve Economy

Give us a store with a sign above the door saying, "We make everything," and the economy will improve.

Well, actually give us more than one such store. We need them all across the country.

And, we need people using them.

This will improve the economy. For one thing, it will reduce prices on selected items. But, it will help the economy in other ways, too. With it easier to make items needed to start a business, it will be easier to go into business.

Let me explain. If I want to buy one of those line-forming, line-directing ropes found in banks, and movie-ticket lines, and I find they cost $208, and I think they ought not cost but $30, I will be able to simply say, "No, thank you. I'll make my own."

And, march down to the mill shop and it made.

If I want to start a cereal company, but find it would cost $500,000 for machinery to mix, mold, and bake my product, I can say, "No. I don't think so. I'll make my own."

So, I march right down to the mill shop. I tell them what I want, diagramming it. And, the machinery is made for me, allowing me to open my business.

Whatever the product, whether plastic or metal, I can walk in, describe what I want built, and they build it for me. With such stores scattered across our country, and with everyone knowing exactly where to find them, and with everybody turning to them for all the hard-to-find and overpriced items . . .

Yes, the economy will be better for it. More businesses will be created, for people will more easily obtain the equipment needed at affordable prices. Inventions will be encouraged, for a person will come up with an idea, take it to the tooling shop/store, and come away with his or her invention.

A change in mindset, then. A turn towards milling shops. If we do this, we better our economy.





No comments:

Post a Comment