Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A Nation of Hate?

   Have we become a nation of hate? I look at the ridicule and contempt the two parties throw at each other. I see them straining to find faults. I say, when a fault is there, then it is true that we should not endure it, not foster it nor allow it.
   But, our finding of faults is not so just. 
   There are those among us who oppose anyone in the Obama Administration, simply because they are in the Obama Administration. "I don't trust anyone in the Obama Administration," someone posts on Facebook, and I find myself replying:
   "The 'administration' is an awfully big place, with people from multiple backgrounds and political persuasions. Rejecting them all because they happen to have Obama for a boss seems a little harsh. What has become of us, that we judge this way, judging not by merit, but by association?"


2 comments:

  1. Reminds of when Max Hall who said after a BYU-Utah game "I hate Utah and everything about it." (those aren't the exact words, but similar.) What he forgot was that BYU President was a former faculty member and there several of his fellow church members attend Utah. And how the head football coach who was a BYU alumni? Sometimes we don't realize what we say when we criticize another.

    ReplyDelete