Thursday, June 27, 2013

And Time Begins its Swirl Away from the High Court Decisions

   Time begins its swirl away from the Supreme Court decisions on same-sex marriage, and I ponder.
   This is not an issue I am at rest with. I think of how so much evidence exists that those of same-sex attraction are born that way. I do not know. I only know there is strong evidence. Some would say proof. I think of how all people should have their rights. I am not saying those of same-sex attraction should have the right to marry, but I wonder. I think of how the nation has swung to favor these unions. I think of how it is right to rule by majority, and wonder if the tumble of opinion toward favoring these unions will only grow stronger.
   But, no, this is not an issue I am at rest with. I think of God's law, of how He does not condone having sex with those of the same sex. How do I know that? I read the Bible and hear the words of living prophets. And, I think of what I have learned, of how children are fostered better in an environment that has a male for a father and a female for a mother. And, I wonder but what society, itself, is not served better by the historic tradition of marriage. Yes, that translates into saying I think the participants, themselves, are better served when they marry the opposite sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment