Thursday, June 6, 2013

Benghazi Hearings Should be Made Public

  Me, I'm upset the Benghazi hearings were held behind closed doors. I always look at that part in the Constitution about trials being public and think congressional hearings should be, too.
   Oh, I know well enough why the weren't: security issues. I can see the concern that something might be said during the hearings that could jeopardize national security. Easy enough solved, though. Tape them, then cut out whatever breached national security.
   But, don't be too quick to cut. I'm would not be surprised if nothing at all was said that would truly compromise security.
   Now, perhaps the hearings were recorded. If so, make them public. In America, we don't do things behind closed doors. At least, we shouldn't as much as we do.


No comments:

Post a Comment