Saturday, August 17, 2013

Defund Obamacare Before it Defunds the Government

   Defund Obamacare, even as Utah Sen. Mike Lee and Georgia Rep. Tom Graves and others suggest. Don't withhold funding for all the government. Don't shut down everything. Just say No to Obamacare.
   I line up with those who are against funding Obamacare because it is a health system I fear, fear because our national deficit is so great and I fear it will be a significant step further into debt. 
    Wish I would have save the article, but read this week how 48 percent of those now having insurance will be able to get some kind of credits to help them pay for insurance once Obamacare takes force. I can't imagine what kind of credits the article was talking about unless it was talking about tax credits. The article suggested most of those receiving the credits will get not just a little help, but substantial help.
   Why have we not heard of this before? Did I read correctly? Am I understanding it correctly? We are going to shift a good portion of the bill over to Uncle Sam? Yes, surely I missed something. Surely I am wrong.
   Because, if what I read was read correctly, I must wonder if it is possible this will fuel our nation's national deficit somewhat as much as any single act Congress has ever taken. How do you start paying a sizable chunk of 50 percent of insurance medical bills and not run up a hefty tab? Wouldn't this amount to a notable tax break, one of the bigger ones ever?
   I wonder. In essence, wouldn't this partially defund the government? If you are taking away necessary revenue, isn't that was the defunding is all about?
   So, it is ironic that so much talk has been of Lee and others wanting to defund the government. If they stop Obamacare, that will help pay for government, not defund it.
   We should defund Obamacare before it defunds the federal government.

No comments:

Post a Comment