Sunday, August 4, 2013

Praying is the Most Important Thing You can do

   Of all the things a person can do as the day is filled with work, and play and running around, prayer is the most important.
   The most important, if you would to have a good day.
   I am among those who wish I prayed more often, and relied on the Lord more. A good prayer, to me, asks the Lord to be with us, with everyone, not just myself. A good prayer asks for the Lord to help me out of circumstances I might not see coming. Oh, and a good prayer tells the Lord I will submit to whatever He might see to inflict upon me. Yes, I want Him to help me avoid pitfalls, and help me out of them. But, if He would that I go through them, so be it.
   I would that I carried a prayer in my heart throughout the day. I would that I did not just utter a prayer, then forget the Lord until a little crisis evolved. I would that I thought of him all day, even when things go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment