Saturday, February 15, 2014

Is it Right that PSAs Benefit the Politicians?

   It's a practice I question: elected officials -- at our expense -- running public service announcements that stand to further their campaigns for re-election.
   Take Gov. Herbert, and his touting the sites in Utah. If I remember, his words are something like, "Take a day, take a weekend, take a week" to visit some of the sites in Utah. Another public service announcement of his is about using mass transit to cut pollution.
   It doesn't go unnoticed on me that the campaign between him and Speaker of the House Becky Lockhart has kicked off, though the election is yet more than two years away. Now, I agree with Gov. Herbert on a lot of issues, but that doesn't mean I like these public service announcements at my expense coming to benefit one of the candidates.
   I'd rather see the same PSA voiced by someone who isn't going to be running for office.

No comments:

Post a Comment