Sunday, July 20, 2014

These Scriptures Should be on the Frontlets of My Eyes

   I sense an urgency to know well the scriptures speaking of the return of the Jews, and to be able to recall them to discuss them. I think of Deuteronomy 6:6-8 saying how the Lord's word should "be as the frontlets between thine eyes." That is as if to say, memorize these things and know them. "And thou shalt write them upon the post of thy house, and on thy gates," it goes on to says in that Deuteronomy passage.
   I ran across some such scriptures today while reading the Book of Mormon, as the Book of Mormon quotes whole chapters of Isaiah. It is while reading there that I felt this urgency to be able to recall such scriptures.
   "For though thy people Israel be as the sand of the sea, yet a remnant of them shall return," it says in Isaiah 10:22.
   Isaiah 11:12 speaks of how the Lord will "gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth."
   Among other Isaiah scriptures I ran across while doing my Book of Mormon reading was Isaiah 11:12, that speaks of assembling the outcasts of Israel. Inasmuch as I have been thinking much of the immigrants at our border, and knowing many of them have Indian blood in them, I thought how there is no one we know of the tribes of Israel today more outcast than the immigrant from south of the border. That "outcasts of Israel" speaks of the Jew, it is sure, but I cannot see how it does not also speak of those from south of the border, for they truly contain the blood of Israel and they truly are outcast. You would be hard pressed to find a people in our day who are more outcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment