Sunday, July 6, 2014

With an Eye on Israel

   Never knowing when the war spoken of in the Bible will occur, violence in the Holy Land -- Israel -- always lifts my eye.
   Three teenage Israeli boys were killed. Israel responded. Rockets are being fired from Gaza into Israel. An Arab boy has been killed. Arab protests are underway in Israel. Such is the news of the day.
   I read how the killing of the Arab boy might be on the face the reason for the protesting, but a suggestion from Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu to ban the Islamic Movement is also a factor.
   And, another factor being a move to give Arab settlements in an area known as the Triangle over to Palestine. This intrigues me. First, I have not heard of this area of Israel called the Triangle where so many Arabs live. Second, I certainly have not heard of a call to give Israeli territory over to Palestine. Third, that such a move is being considered surprises me, as I thought Israel wanted to keep all of Israel. Fourth, that the Arabs in the Triangle do not want to be ceded to Palestine surprises me. Perhaps it is because the suggestion is that they go in exchange for land in the West Bank being taken from Palestine. I do not know. Perhaps that is also the only reason for the suggestion of giving away land in the Traingle, is that it would only be given in exchange for West Bank land. Then, it all makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment