Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Today, America Took a Step Towards Repentance

   Tonight, I am proud to be an American, not because of the CIA's interrogation practices, of course, but because we are fessing up to our faults and vowing to change our ways. It takes a big man to admit he is wrong, it is said, and today, Uncle Sam was a big man.
   I am proud of those who see the importance of our public confession, among them being Sen. John McCain and President Barack Obama.
   "Our enemies act without conscience. We must not," said Sen. McCain.
   "One of the things that sets us apart from other countries is that when we make mistakes, we admit them," said President Obama.
   Where I come from, admitting your mistakes is part of the repentance process. I see no reason that this should be any different in the public arena. I am proud of America for taking this important step toward repentance.

No comments:

Post a Comment