Thursday, October 29, 2015

I See 'You cannot put a Price on Your Health' in a New Light

   "You cannot put a price on your health" That's a thought I no longer give homage to. Not that it isn't true. Not that our health isn't worth all the money we have.
   But, I look at how the health care providers go after you for your money. I, myself, owe about 20 grand. I consider how expensive health care is, and I see, "You cannot put a price on your health," in a new light.
   The statement justifies the expense. It says, "Just go ahead and pay the bill, because regardless how high it is, it is justified by the fact you cannot put a price on your health."
   I wonder how many times the collection agencies, collecting on big bills such as mine, roll this pitch out to their debtors. "You cannot put a price on your health"?
   I only know the price is exorbitant, and out of measure with what it should be. Medical bills are a constant form of price gouging. Yes,"You cannot put a price on your health," and therein lies the problem: You have no choice. You cannot cap the price tag. You cannot limit how much they charge you for your health.

No comments:

Post a Comment