Monday, October 9, 2017

I would Write an Anthem

   I would like to write an anthem. But, I can see I'm not up to the task. So, instead, I will just tell you what I would write, if I could write this anthem.
  It would take in both sides of the NFL national anthem controversy. It would express love, respect and honor for the principles of freedom and of equality. It would note that these are the things that make America great. And, when America's got them, she's great. And, when she doesn't, she's not.
  It would be patriotic. It would be uniting. It would be a song both sides could sing.
  This is not to say the "Star-Spangled Banner" is not a song both sides can sing. It is only to say the song I wish I could write would voice the concerns of those who are kneeling for the anthem without going against anything those who oppose the kneelings believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment