Thursday, October 26, 2017

Would the Founders be Conservatives or Liberals -- or Moderates?

   I don't know that we can consider the Founding Fathers as conservatives, at least not in terms of whether they would support the conservative issues of our day. Conjecture as to what the founders would do, and what stands they would take, is interesting. I am prone to wondering, myself. Gun control? I think they would be in the same boat we are in today, having to weigh the pluses and minuses, with some of them thinking one way and some of them the other. The same would go with many other issues, I would guess. They would consider the issues, think about them, and come to conclusions. True, just as in this day, there would be some with preconceived opinions. Still, I'm guessing there would be more moderates among them than there are today, if we define a moderate as someone who is willing to consider each issue instead of simply going with a preconceived opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment