Thursday, October 26, 2017

It is Policies such as These that I Don't Favor

  Many suggest supporting President Trump because of his polices. And, there are a number of his policies that I might agree with. His declaration against opioids might end up being something I highly laud. (At the moment, I am not quite ready to endorse his opioid effort, as I am wondering what kind of federal funding will be attached, and whether the money being spent will bring results.) His release of the Kennedy files I am very in favor of.
   But, there are a number of his policies and efforts I do not support. A border wall? I do not support that. Bombing in Syria till some cities are largely uninhabitable, and then telling the people in Syria they are responsible for their own rebuilding? That doesn't set well with me. Health-care proposals just for the satisfaction of saying you're getting rid of another health plan, even though your own proposal doesn't appear any better? I wonder what good that will do. A tax measure that increases the national deficit? I'm afraid I don't support that. A tax measure that favors the rich? I cry out against that.
   Bless President Trump for what good he does. But, there are a number of things he misses on.

No comments:

Post a Comment