Friday, February 16, 2018

I'm Hesitant about Charges against 13 Russian Operatives

 Though I have supported the Mueller investigation, I am a little hesitant about supporting the charges -- at least if I am understanding them correctly. I am grateful to the FBI if it reveals the Russians influenced the election through social media. Tell us about it, yes, but, is that does not necessarily mean filing criminal charges. Are the 13 Russians guilty of criminal charges? I am hesitant to support the charges if they are for using social media posts to influence people's opinions. Did the agents steal U.S. identities unlawfully? Then, charge them with that. Did they libel Hillary or anyone else? Then charge them with that. But, if they are merely being arrested for using their media influence to affect the election? Free speech should not be muzzled, even if it is the free speech of the Russians. I suppose we must wait before we clearly see what the Russians are being charged with, but, at this point, I have my reservations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment