Monday, February 26, 2018

Trump was to have been the Candidate not Bought by Special Interests

   There's a lot of discussion as to how much money the NRA uses to influence politicians. But, I  find no discussion on how it is that Trump began his campaign with the suggestion he would not need to take corporate money, only to end up taking millions from the NRA.
   Is it true? The NRA certainly pitched a lot toward the election from a PAC. Altogether, I've heard the NRA might have contributed upwards of $30 million to defeat Hillary. How much of it went directly into Trump's campaign chest? Seems there should be a federal website where we could easily look up such contributions. Anybody know where to find it?
   At any rate, Trump was to have been the candidate above special interest spending, not beholden to it. But, as the campaign wore on, the NRA spent a significant amount of cash to get him elected. Then, along comes the Florida shooting and the NRA spending becomes an issue.
  But, the fact that Trump once was set forth as the candidate who would be clean of special interest money, only to end up being beholden to NRA money? If that story is being told, I am not hearing it. I'm not hearing it in the mainstream media, and I'm not hearing it at all.
  Still, though I have not seen it yet, I expect to hear it at any time. This story is surely out there. Surely it is not going unnoticed. I would guess I just am not reading enough news.

No comments:

Post a Comment