Thursday, February 15, 2018

Four Thoughts on the Florida Mass Shooting

Take I
   A meme comes across my Facebook newsfeed: "It's not our job to fix people. It's our job to love them even while they are broken."
   My mind turns to the Florida shooting, to Nikolas Cruz. Haven't I heard something about him being a "broken" individual? What would have happened, had love been extended to him? I read how he was avoided. What if love had been extended to him? Could he have been softened? Would it have made a difference?

Take II 
   "I'm going to be a professional shooter," Nikolas Cruz posted on YouTube. The post was forwarded to the FBI. Should not such a comment warrant arrest, as a terroristic threat? I think definitely so.

Take III
   Has it reached a point where all school grounds should have metal detectors at their entries? Should we do the same at other places where there are large public gatherings?

Take IV
   And, another meme comes across my Facebook newsfeed:
   "One way to stop school shootings
   "Place 3 armed veterans in every school There are thousands of unemployed trained veterans & retired police officers who would love the job of protecting our children."
   

No comments:

Post a Comment