Sunday, November 18, 2018

I see a meme on Facebook from David N Smeltz, but shared by one of my own Facebook friends, that says:
It is not right when an elderly person on SS has to pay out there whole check on medication. Immigrants get it free!
And, I reply:
I thought back to the quote you offered from Abraham Lincoln as I read this, and of how if our nation is to fall, it must fall from within. I commented then that I was reflecting on possible ways this might be happening. What if the enemy knew they didn't need to ever fire a shot, that they could divide us from within? Gary, our Intelligence Community has told us the Russians are seeking to divide us, that they are using social media to divide us. This is not a conspiracy theory (unless you suppose the FBI and CIA belief in conspiracy theories), it is fact. So, if we know the Russians are seeking to spread hatred and division on Facebook, shouldn't we look at what we are seeing and look for posts that are divisive and at least wonder? Most of them might not be from the Russians (this one appears to have been generated by a regular person, but it does imitate the theme of a lot of others). I'm just saying, if we know the Russians are fomenting hatred and division and we know they are using Facebook, which of all the posts we seeing even qualify as candidates? Ones like this one do.

No comments:

Post a Comment