Monday, November 5, 2018

What is the Need to Speak Evil of Malcolm X and Colin Kaepernick?

  I thought of Malcolm X as I arrived home tonight, and then of Colin Kaepernick as I sat down to read a Facebook thread. I wondered at the hatred of them. You may say it is not hatred, and, if it is not, it is very ill feelings against them. I wonder why. I cannot see justifiable reason. A friend on Facebook said Kaepernick feigns altruism. What would be the basis for saying that? Now, if Kaepernick is a fake, then pointing it out is okay. But, before you so impugn his character, you should have good basis, and not be just making a wild accusation.
   Character assassination, you know.
   I see good in both of them -- in Malcolm X and Colin Kaepernick. I see principled men, fighting for what they believe is right. Why do we make villains out of them, then? If these were wicked men, with wicked causes, I could understand. But, they are not. They are principled people doing all they can to forward what they see as a righteous cause. What is the need for us to step in and speak evil of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment