Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Why is No One Delivering Thanksgiving to the Migrants?

   If these migrants at the border are in need, if they are poor and afflicted and persecuted . . .
   And, if we in America are so good, and charitable, and caring . . .
   And, if it is Thanksgiving (I'm just thinking, just supposing) . . .
   Well, I kind of wish some group here would get a bunch of Thanksgiving dinners over to them. No, I don't just wish; I'm disappointed in us that this it isn't happening.
   Or, maybe it is. Maybe I just haven't heard.
   I do hope it happens. This is America. I believe in the people of this land. I believe many of them are good and caring. I believe they reach out to those in need.
   So, I want to see it happen so I can keep on believing in the goodness of the people of our land. Oh, I guess I will keep on believing. I do know these people exist. They are all around me. I just hate to see that none of them are stepping forward at this time -- that they, instead, are either themselves swallowed up by a disrespect of the migrants, or they are afraid of offending those who would be outraged if someone stepped across the border to offer them Thanksgiving meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment