Wednesday, September 25, 2019

A Scripture on Guns

  My favorite Book of Mormon gun scripture (I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which believes in the Book of Mormon) is perhaps Alma 48:23. "Now, they were sorry to take up arms against the Lamanites, because they did not delight in the shedding of blood . . ."
  I lament  that too often, the gun owner relishes the opportunity to use the weapon. If all had the attitude of the Nephites, and regretted having to use their weapons, then it would be great that everyone had a weapon to defend themselves and their families. The proliferation of guns in America would not be bad. But, unfortunately, many do not take this approach to guns. Many excite at using the weapon. "Make my day," they say. I do not think this attitude healthy for our nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment