Saturday, September 7, 2019

The Yawn and the Lymphatic System

  The simple yawn may be but part of the lymphatic system, and is but the body's way of moving lymphatic liquid to places where it is needed, like maybe even to the brain.
  What I say is theory and postulate. A quick word search helped me not find the answer.
  But, we do know this: The lymphatic system does not have a pump, like the blood circulatory system does in the form of the heart. No, the lymphatic system is dependent -- largely and maybe entirely - on body movement to trigger its liquid's movement.
  A yawn is a small movement. Does it trigger liquid movement to the brain?
  I notice I yawn at two times: One, when I am tired, an two, when I am waking up. I wonder if when I yawn from tiredness, it is but the body saying the mental pounding and wear has jammed all the liquid into one spot. And, when I am waking, it is not that the day's activity has pounded the liquid into one spot, but that the liquid has drained from or needs stirred to be activated or whatever. I'm wondering if yawns from tiredness and yawns from waking up might be just a little different.
  I may yawn at night as I go to bed -- yawning from tiredness and overwork -- but I wonder that as I settle in to go to sleep, the yawning stops. Yawning is not part of the sleep process, itself. Or, is this incorrect? Do I yawn in the middle of the night without partially waking up? I don't think so, but maybe.
   At any rate, the yawn can be triggered by two opposite things: One, All the work is has done while being awake, and, two, the lack of work from being asleep.
  I have not spent much time at deathbeds, watching the coming death of the children of earth, but I do wonder if they yawn much at that point. If they do, it does not disprove what I have written above. But, if they don't, it it a further indication that yawning is a rejuvenation of the body -- a way of turning systems on, not turning them off.


No comments:

Post a Comment