Thursday, September 19, 2019

Colt Suspends Production of AR-15 for Civilian Market

  News kind of breaks that Colt is suspending production of the AR-15 for the civilian market. I say kind of, because it seems this would be a big story.
   So far, I haven't seen that it is. All the stories I find are short. The first one I read was but six sentences. I go to the Open Carry Facebook page, and seeing no one has posted there, post a note. No outrage comes from the page's participants (at least not immediately).
  Colt says it remains committed to the Second Amendment. It says there are already enough AR-15s on the market. One article suggests a lot of other companies have similar-styled weapons, and that is cutting into Colt's share of the market.
  Colt says it will concentrate on military and law enforcement contracts for its AR-15s, that being where the money is.
   I do a word-search, and learn AR-15 sales are, indeed, significantly down.
  I cannot help but wonder, though, are fewer people buying the AR-15 as a black lash against owning guns associated with mass murders? Are people saying, Okay, I don't need a military-styled weapon?
  I laud Colt for their decision, whatever brought it on.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment