Friday, March 19, 2021

Keep the Immigration Case Decisions to Taking no More than 72 Hours

    Three-day immigration approval. Why not? Or, to put it like so many put it, Change my mind. Tell me, if you can, why we cannot greet them at the border and rule within three days on whether they should be granted legal residence?

   Change my mind. CMM. Bring it -- bring it on -- if you have reason for saying it needs to take more than three days. 

   Here's the way I see it: You can do a lot of research in 48 hours. You can call their references, even their neighbors. You can call their local police station. You can call ahead to their family and friends already in the U.S. Now, once you have contacted the pertinent contact people of theirs, why would you file it all away and schedule them a date to come see you for an immigration hearing in six months? There's no reason for that. 

   Why we make government so complicated, I don't know. 

   Change my mind. Go ahead, tell me why we can't take the applicant at the border and have a judge bringing down his or her gavel within 72 hours, saying, "You are hereby an authorized resident of the United States."

No comments:

Post a Comment