Thursday, March 25, 2021

They Say Now is not the Time for Politics, but it is

   Because they matter, we search for answers. It it were my neighbor who died in Boulder or Atlanta, how would I react?

   In horror.

   How would I react? This would be someone I deeply loved, deeply cared for. All the questions of why, why, why would descend upon me. The details? I would want to know every detail. The murderer? Why he did it? What caused him (or her) to kill another person? All these questions would rush my mind, begging for answers.

   Tears don't fall, but what they seek ground to land on. I would be seeking ways to help, to make a difference. My tears would be seeking purpose. They would be searching for a landing

   Should we have gun laws? Should we, instead, arm everyone with guns? What can we do to keep members of our society from going off? Oh, no, I wouldn't be saying, I'll take up those questions in six months. They would be screaming through my mind -- now! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment