Monday, August 13, 2012

Path to Prosperity Gets a Quick Peek from Me

Did a small study of Paul Ryan's Path to Prosperity, but not enough. Began it thinking the proposal a good one. But am not sure, now. Some -- but not all -- of the points I wonder about:

1. Does it cut taxes for the rich? Not sure I favor that.

2. Does it return work to welfare? Romney used the phrase in introducing Ryan as his running mate, but my quick search didn't find anything saying the Ryan's plan would return work to any of our social programs.

3. It is suggested the plan would actually end up raising the cost of Medicare, as opposed to reducing it.

The Path to Prosperity is worthy of thought, but I am not as favorable towards it at this point as I was before I began to look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment