Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What to do -- Alternative Fuel Should be Encouraged

So, air pollution is a problem, and cars are the source of so much of our air pollution. And, the Salt Lake Valley is struggling to meet federal air quality guidelines.

Now, just what should we do about these cars, considering that there are alternative-fuel cars that cause a little less pollution than those of the gasoline variety?

Are we doing anything to move our populace toward natural gas, or to get them into electric vehicles?

Anything, anything at all?

Of course, what is there that we can do? Could we offer tax incentives? Convert your car to natural gas and receive $250 off your taxes? Frankly, I don't think that would do it, and I kind of shy from tax incentives, anyway. Our tax code didn't get as complicated as it is without this type of thing.

Well, then, should we not do a thing, not do anything to encourage alternative-fuel vehicles, because there just isn't anything we can think of?

You know, I started this post thinking I might come up with something, by the time I wrote a little bit and thought a little bit.

But, I'm not coming up with much. Here I sit, thinking if alternative fuels cause less pollution, why would we not at least be doing something to encourage people to use them?

But, no, I don't know the answer.

(Index -- Climate change info)

No comments:

Post a Comment