Wednesday, September 5, 2012

If Elected, I'd Take from the Rich

If elected, I'd take from the rich, not from the rich corporate executives, but from the rich publicly-funded executives.

Only $109,900 for a governor? That's not overly bad. But, just to be ornery, I'd trim it some, though not as much as I'd slice off other officials.

Like the head of UTA. He's making more than $300,000, and that is way to much.

Like school superintendents. It's late, and I'm not going to google them, but I'm thinking they are in the $150,000 range. That, too, is too much. I'd half them.

You can guess I'd chop the salaries of state university presidents.

Just 15-20 years ago, the CEO of the Workers Compensation Fund of Utah made $226,000 in total compensation. Surely, he doesn't still. Surely, a correction has been made. But, if he does, I'd first cut it, then chop it and then I'd slice it some more.

Axes were not so intended for chopping wood as they were for chopping such salaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment