Thursday, February 28, 2013

This Man Might Just Be Willing to Pay His Share of National Debt

So, we're Facebooking along tonight, when one person offers to lay down $52,000 to help pay down the national debt!

Say, Whoa!

"I would like to stop all this sophomoric talk about the national debt," he writes. "I intend to do that by offering to pay off my share per capita which is $52,000. Are any of you whiners willing to join me?"

?!!!?!!! 

At first, I don't think he is serious, just jesting, just joking. I tell him if a person were to actually pay $52,000 to help pay down the debt, that would be news. And, what news it would be! I would guess it would be national news. Surely, he is just jesting, though. But, as as we write back and forth, he says he is serious, provided others join him. I offer to help organize a movement, to find others. Well, he doesn't respond to that, and I conclude he is only offering to make this small, little $52,000 donation if others on the FB site will join in right there and then.

'Course, that isn't going to happen.

Still, I wonder. I add him as a friend, tell him I would be honored to have him as a friend. And, well, who knows but what he might be half serious about paying his share of the national debt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment