Sunday, September 28, 2014

A Great Division Among the People

    I so wish we weren't a society that just ran around calling each other idiots instead of reasoning with each other. I see a post on my newsfeed of a liberal calling a conservative an idiot. Then I scroll down and see a conservative calling a liberal an idiot. I think of a scripture that says the Lord will cause a great division among the people. I do not know, but wonder if that division could be liberals against conservatives, democrats against republicans, for it is the greatest division I see on the face of the land. The scripture perhaps is referring to some other division. I only know I have read the whole chapter, for context, and it surely appears to speak of here, in America, and now, in the last days. The last days is a relatively long time frame, so maybe it refers to some other division in the last days. As I said, this is the greatest division I find in America at this time.
   2 Nephi 30:10. "For the time speedily cometh that the Lord God shall cause a great division among the people." Unless someone points out a clearly greater division, or persuades me the scripture is referring to another place and time, I do not think it wrong to wonder.

1 comment:

  1. The division's aren't just political, but religious as well. And also in other areas.

    ReplyDelete