Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Two Lines of Thought on the Max Hall Arrest

   I've two lines of thought on the Max Hall arrest.
   (1) I think it wonderful to be running into so many people who are expressing concern for him, compassion, love, understanding, and sorrow. Gordon Monson ran a column in the Tribune along these lines, and comments I have heard as I'm out and about show many others are also more inclined to sorrow with Hall than to condemn and mock him.
   (2) I notice the connection between drugs and theft. So often, those on drugs feel the need to steal in order to support their addictions. I don't know whether Hall's cocaine needs led him to shoplift to save money for the drug, but I wonder. I pick up the Deseret News. Above the masthead is the teaser for the Max Hall story. Just below the masthead is the lead headline: "Heroin fuels uptick in bank heists."

No comments:

Post a Comment