Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Issues Mattering Most are Those Containing the Sins of the Nation

  The most important social issues, in one manner of judging importance, are those that reflect our values as a society.
  Not global warming. Not whether the economy bursts. Not whether Barack Obama is a good president.
  No, the issues that matter are the ones that contain the sins of the nation. If we are doing something wrong, if we are choosing wickedness, these are the things most important to change. That said, I know that what I consider the moral high ground might not be the same as what another person views as the correct and righteous stand.
   In this sense, we call each other to righteousness. I suggest, for example, that there is a negative influence of guns upon a society that grows to value them too much. I fear for us as a society for how our gun values can erode who we are. As another example, I view it as a sin, in a way, that we treat harshly those who are in need who are among those trying to immigrate.
   Others will take stands on the opposite sides of these issues, and they might well reach their opinions based on what they think is morally right. So be it. The good thing is that we both are seeking to help bring about righteousness in our nation. My voice might seem to be unheard. Few read my blog. But, somehow I enjoy posting, anyway.
  

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I read your posts late, but I enjoy your perspective and often learn something new

    ReplyDelete