Monday, March 2, 2015

I Fear the Very Thought that a Constitutional Convention is Being Considered

   The very Constitution is being questioned. There have arisen those who would assemble a new constitutional convention to change the document.
   Me? I say, forbid. I love our Constitution. Oh, this is not to say there are not changes we might make. But if amendments are to be made, make them amendments, only, not a rework of the document. I fear those who would staff a constitutional convention. We would not be assembling a body of men and women equal to those who founded our nation. I fear what changes they might bring.
    And, I fear the very thought that a constitutional convention is even being considered. I haven't overviewed all the movements. Perhaps most call only for amendments, not reworking the venerable document entirely. Still, I fear that a group would get together where massive changes would be possible.
(Post added to and changed 3/3/15)


No comments:

Post a Comment