Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Give Those Harmed by Drugs Disability if They Need it, Jobs if They can Work

   I do not know how the SSI-Disabilty program handles those who are disabled due to drugs. But, I do have some thoughts on what should be done.
   Though taking drugs is wrong, and unlawful, if they are disabled, they are disabled, and should qualify for help. I would guess that is the way SSI-Disability sees it. For it is not what caused it, but the condition they are in that should qualify them.
   That said, I do believe many of them should be given work. Could we possibly give them a list of employers who have suggested they are willing to hire them? Could we do even more, even place them in jobs? For some of them might sidestep employment if they are just given a list of jobs, but not actually placed in them. I believe work and holding a job has great value to the person, and to society. More than just that, I also believe we have a responsibility to hold down the expense, to hold down the national debt. So, giving them jobs and allowing them to pay their own way in life is a good thing, for any of those who have disabilities yet who can work.

No comments:

Post a Comment