Wednesday, April 22, 2015

I'm Thinking My Bill is Criminally too High

I'm facebooking this to the county attorney:

Hello, Sim. Don't laugh at me too hard. I'd like to file criminal charges against the hospital for overcharging me. I don't know if there is a law on the books that touches on this. I hope so. It does seem there should be some kind of statute against charging far beyond value of service. Sim, the price of medical care is one of our nation's biggest problems and constitutes a definite social injustice. Prices are, well, criminally too high. My case is but an example. Without having an operation, without them so much as diagnosing or sewing stitches in two broken lips, I was charged about $40,000. Insurance paid half, and I owe $19,600. Today, they threatened to turn it over to collections. Sim, along with all the other social issues we protest against, along with all the other things elected leaders need to fix, this is one of them. If the industry is breaking a law, and no one ever seeks that law out and makes them answer to it, they will continue to do it. All I'm asking is for you to review the laws, and consider if there are any that can be applied, and, if so, to help out me and a million others.

No comments:

Post a Comment