Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A Quick Overview on Some of My Beliefs on Guns

   I do believe guns have virtues. Also, I do not believe we should have the restrictions that we do upon them, simply because the Second Amendment says there should be no infringement upon the people's right to keep and bear arms. I believe, with the restrictions we already have, we have overstepped those bounds. If we look at any of the restrictions we currently have, anything from not allowing ex-cons to have guns to requiring guns to be registered, and we think those are laws we want to keep, then we should amend our Constitution. If we think our Second Amendment needs no amending, then we should allow convicts to have guns, and we should not register guns, and we should allow everyone both concealed and open carry, and we should not do anything that infringes on the right to keep and bear arms. 
   Now, I admit that this past week, I have begun to reconsider this, and am considering that maybe some of the laws we have are fine without changing the Second Amendment, this based on the thought that as long as the people, in general, have full right to keep and bear arms, then the spirit of the Second Amendment is being kept. I am guessing that when I am done rethinking the matter, however, I will still be of the opinion that what we are doing is an infringement. I will still be of the opinion that if we are to keep the Second Amendment, we should not have any laws on open carry, on concealed carry, or anything, as the Second Amendment says no infringement, and that means no infringement.
    Now, my friends, we come to the matter of things I have said that might seem at odds with your own beliefs. I hope they are not against you beliefs, but we shall see. Read what I write, and judge.
I believe there are virtues in guns and there are things that are not virtuous about guns. That they were created to bring about death, should give us fair warning that all is not virtuous. Just as it is with anything that can do harm, there are dangers. I believe we should look at what they are, and note, and try to steer clear of those dangers. A gun is not so unlike a car in that with it, come responsibilities.
   (Note: I had to go to bed and did not have time to finish this blog.)


No comments:

Post a Comment