Friday, June 26, 2015

All of God's Children have the Same God.

   All of God's children have the same God.
   "So, do we have the same God?" I asked my Muslim friend today. And, he suggested we do. I don't know him perfectly, but know him reasonably well. He seems about as good as most any of us. I can't help comparing him to those of my faith, and, I must say, in some cases, he seems the better soul. Now, I have a tendency to want to label good people as Christians, but Christians believe Christ was the Son of God and the Savior of the World. Not so, with my Christian -- I mean, my Muslim -- friend.
   I mean no disrespect to him by calling him a Christian. It's just that I associate "Christian" with traits like loving others, caring about others, treating others right, honesty, integrity, pursuit of righteousness, integrity, fairness . . .
   I guess Christians don't have a corner on those things, though.
   I think of the Muslims who pray, what is it? Five times a day? I think of Ramadan, of how they fast every day, all day, sun up till sun down -- for a month, Such devotion. And, I want to emphasize this next part: It is not just devotion to a God, it is devotion to my God  -- our God -- for there is only one God. I think it wonderful, then, that they are so devoted to God. I think it wonderful.
   I'll see the Christian in the Muslim when he does the things of Christ. And, I'll see the devil in the Christian when he does not do the things of Christ.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment