Wednesday, August 9, 2017

From this Vantage Point, I do not Favor Limited Government

  Big government is not necessarily bad government. It is what a government does that determines whether that government is good. If there are a lot of things the government is doing, but they are all wise actions that benefit the public, however big those actions have made the government, it is still good government.
   I am not advocating deficit spending, mind you, for spending too much money is not wise and therefore that is not good government.
   But, I am a believer that governments were instituted for the benefit of man. I do believe they were instituted because there is good that they can do. And, if governments are there to do good, I don't think we should limit how much good they can do.
   There might be different ways of looking at what "limited government" is and what it means. But, if we are suggesting government is inherently evil, and therefore we should limit it, I take a different view. I do not favor limiting government if it is but doing good things for its people, and, I suggest, there are probably a million good things it can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment