Thursday, August 17, 2017

I Wonder if Operation Rio Grande could be More Open

   I wonder if Operation Rio Grande could be more open. Why be so secretive? Coming up on the initiative, officials said little of what they were planning to do. I believe I heard it said that they did not want to tip their hands, and did not want to endanger officers or the homeless.
   Now that the arrests are underway, I still am not hearing how they are going about arresting people. Are they largely just arresting people who have outstanding warrants? How many people are being caught red-handed dealing drugs? Maybe those things are not being hidden. Rather, maybe there simply isn't a reporter thinking to go read the booking sheets and file a news story.
   Off top, I wonder why officials cannot just spell out exactly how they are going about doing things. If they are protecting people's lives or health, good, but I wonder if people's lives and health are not being endangered.
   So, why the secrecy?

No comments:

Post a Comment