Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Trump Trumpets Trump, but the Bells should Ring for Obama

   President Trump credits himself for lowering the Black unemployment rate to its lowest level in history. Pick up a graph of the rate, though, and notice how it has been on the decline for at least six years. It was early in Obama's presidency that the rate was reversed from climbing to falling, and it was during the Obama years that the definite majority of the decline occurred. Not giving Obama his due is not being fair.
   If one person were to push a cart a mile up hill, only to have someone step in just as the top was being approached, and say, "Hey, I'll take it from here," and push it successfully over the top, who would we give credit to? What would we think of the person who just pushed the final few yards if he were to say, "Hey, see what I just did! I pushed the cart over the top! Bless me for what I've done!"

No comments:

Post a Comment