Sunday, January 7, 2018

Would be Wonderful if there were More People Like This

  I read a wonderful story of Facebook about a man in Chicago who was arrested for taking in the homeless. Well, it was wonderful in that it told of him doing it, but not so wonderful in that it reported they made him quit.
   Housing code violations.
   But, what if there were more like him? What if people took to making their homes into homeless shelters?
   I posted my comment on Facebook:
  "Most of us (me included) are not in position to take the homeless into our homes. And, supposing a person does, they take the risk of bringing in someone who could harm them. Still, I cannot but think how wonderful it is that this Chicago man did what he did. And, I wonder at the thought that if there were enough people like this, we would not have people living on the streets. I wonder that I have not read of so much as one person being a crusader of this nature in the greater Salt Lake City area. This is a city that cares for the poor and the homeless, as is evidenced by the media attention. Still, no crusader to take in the homeless? Would be wonderful if there were a number of them."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/chicago-man-ordered-stop-homeless-slumber-parties-article-1.3735142?cid=bitly&utm_content=buffer297dc&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

No comments:

Post a Comment