Tuesday, January 30, 2018

A Leader is only as Great as his Vision, so what of Donald Trump?

  A leader is only as great as his vision. He is only as good as his ability to pinpoint what is wrong and then go about fixing those things.
  Enter Donald Trump. How does he measure, then? What of his State of the Union Address?
  Fixing the infrastructure seems a good thing. I hesitate some, but generally feel it is wise to strengthen our military. I do not like his immigration policies, including those that call for merit-based admittance. Just the same, I do wonder that if you seek to only admit high-character people, it should translate into higher-character people walking the streets of America. I see reason in not extending foreign aid to nations that are not friendly with us, though I consider that if the aid goes directly to the needy, not helping the governments, I might still favor it. I consider the economy, wondering but what he might be returning it to greatness. I don't know. Will his tax plan spur growth? Let us see. ISIS? Has it been conquered? Certainly a big victory. Lowering prescription drug prices? A wonderful goal, and if he succeeds, a wonderful thing.
  Trump perhaps takes more credit than credit is due. Still, there are a lot of positive things that have happened during his first year in office, and there remains hope that great things are yet to come.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment