Sunday, January 21, 2018

I Would Make a Master Map of the Thinking Process

   I would map the thinking process, I would, if I could.
   Actually, I think I could. But it would take a lot of time. At least, I could map a lot of it. I could list the things that lead us to make the decisions we do. One rule: We make choices based on what makes us look good. Another rule: Things that make us look bad, or require too much work, can totally elude our minds.
   I know I am not giving good enough expression to what I'm saying -- not citing the rules of thought well enough tonight. Ironically, this is a night I must write my blog quickly, so I chose this topic. Yet, a good job on this topic would take much more time and effort than usual.
   Our minds are like computers. Some of the same rules that apply to computers, apply to our minds. Computers make default decisions, and so do we. When we make a decision to do something once, next time a similar situation comes up, we are programmed. Take running red lights, or cutting in front of traffic. If we do it once, we are programmed to do it the next time.
   So, some of these rules are things we already have observed. What is the phrase that applies to the last one? We are creatures of habit? Though many of these rules have long been observed, they have never been compiled into a map outlining what decisions we will make in various situations.
  Another rule: We seek to see ill in others. We revel in finding fault in them. It would be interesting to think that out, observing what conditions lead us to wishing ill on others. Not everyone does. What are the rules, then, for those who do not glory in the shortcomings of others?
  What is the mental map for the average person, and how does it very from the map of a saint?

No comments:

Post a Comment