Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Do Police Officers Face Greater Scrutiny than Homeowners?

   Does a homeowner get a freer pass than even law enforcement agencies when it comes killings? I believe every officer-involved shooting is investigated. Or does that depend on the policy of the agency? And, I notice the district attorney investigates shootings by officers.
  How often does the D.A. investigate shootings by homeowners in home invasions? I would guess that might not be as often, but I could be wrong.
  I'm guessing the home invasions do always come with investigations (I'm not talking D.A. investigations, but police investigations), but I wonder if they are traditionally as thorough as those of officer-involved shootings.
  It would seem our police officers would be more trusted than the average Joe, and warrant no greater investigations. But, I wonder if when the average Joe happens to be a homeowner, that might not be the case. Homeowners might face less scrutiny than police officers.

No comments:

Post a Comment