Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Bless the Keri Becker Woods of this Country -- and Let Them Stay

Consider on the young mother pictured with her husband and two children which I see on Facebook. She is an immigrant, here on a green card. Looking at the picture, seeing such a seemingly wonderful family, I cannot help but think that if we had no immigration laws to go by, and we were just deciding on her case alone, we would let her stay. In fact, we would be aghast at the very suggestion she should be deported.
  I post on Facebook (I edit it a little and change her name): 
  "Bless the Keri Becker Woods of our country. Is she doing any harm to our nation by staying? If we were to review her case, and ask what harm it would do anyone if she were to be allowed citizenship, I'm thinking we would accept her. Who would raise a hand and say, 'Send her back; She's ruining our nation'? And, what if we treated and judged every immigrant this way? What if this were our immigration policy? What if we looked at each immigrant -- legal and 'illegal' -- and simply judged if they were doing any harm by being here? If an individual is doing no harm, let them stay. I've looked into the faces of so many immigrants and saw so many humble and wonderful people, that I'm amazed there is a national outcry to send them packing."
  

No comments:

Post a Comment