Sunday, August 12, 2018

If a Church is True, it Bears the Fruits of a Church that is True

   If the church would be true, it must bear the fruits of a church that is true, both in its teachings and in how it conducts itself.
   I think of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and how it reaches out to the LGBT community, and I think of how Christ, when they brought to him one who had been caught in adultery, saying, "Let him who has no sin cast the first stone."
   I think of how the church is ensuring that women are being given large roles. It is not for me to say what might happen, but I notice they are not being given the priesthood, itself, and I wonder if that is not equal to how it was in the ancient days of the church. There were prophetesses, but did they hold the priesthood?
   I think of how Blacks are being included, and of how the church at the time of the Christ was but for the House of Israel, but then was expanded to all, as Peter had the vision in which he was told, "What God hath made clean, that call not thou common."
   I think of the Church confessing that the Mountain Meadow Massacre was wrong. If you are of the Lord, you confess your wrongs, and seek to help those you have wronged.
   There are other examples. But, these are among the things the Church of Jesus Christ is doing that bear a likeness to how I think Christ would like His church to behave.

No comments:

Post a Comment