Tuesday, August 28, 2018

The Position of the Church is Reasoned and Reasonable

I find the stand of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Utah's Proposition 2 to be very reasoned and reasonable. I agree with it. I believe there might be medical benefits to marijuana, but I look at what has happened in other states, and I see their legislation of "medical" marijuana has but opened the doors for recreational use. If you go see a doctor for pain, he cannot measure it with a pain-o-meter. There is no such instrument. You tell him you are in pain and that is the end of it. He accepts what you say. Then, you get to select the pain killer. So, if a state puts marijuana on the list, it's yours. Some might feel marijuana is not harmful, so what is the big deal, anyway? But, I am among those who do not feel that way. I feel marijuana is harmful. If we are going to legalize medical marijuana, we need a bill that does not sweep recreational marijuana right along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment