Friday, February 8, 2019

If SB96 Leaves any Lives out in the Cold, I Oppose it

I see a post on Facebook from State Rep. Ken Ivory, in which he said he planned to vote for SB96. I offer my input: Wish I had studied this issue more, Ken Ivory. "I have mixed feelings, though, from what I do know. If Prop 3 is flawed, then it should be changed. On the flip side, if all parts of society do not have medical care available to them, they should. I think of people dying because they do not have insurance. I think of procedures being turned down to those not adequately insured. It happens. In Utah. To me, if you can save a life, you do it. If it takes $100,000 to save that life, you do it. You do not argue that it will bankrupt your government. You find a way to pay for it, and you pay for it. The fact that we are concerned about bankrupting government to save people's lives points out how urgent it is to reform our medical system and to reduce costs. It is a must. Forgive, Rep. Ivory, but rather than opposing extending health care to everyone, I would to see legislation aimed at reducing health care costs. Is there so much as one bill up there on the hill this session attempting to do that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment