Tuesday, February 26, 2019

The Healing of a Hip is Evidence of Evolution

  I point to my own body as evidence of evolution. If I understand correctly, my hip is so damaged that it is not to make recovery. The only recovery available is through operation.
  Yet, against this wisdom, I have, most certainly, recovered, to some degree. Oh, I remain hobbled, limping, slow of pace, and far, far from whole. But, I have still made significant improvement.
   I thank my God, not Charles Darwin, but I see in what Charles Darwin taught as reason for why I may have had a small share of recovery. Darwin taught adaptation of species. He taught that the environment can shape the being. If you live in water, and need fins to cope, you might grow fins, as a species.
  I do not know that I believe that. I don't know whether it goes so far as one species evolving into another. But, I do believe in the body's ability to generate and create ways to respond to the environment. If it is injured, it begins a process to overcome that injury.
   Now, here is my significant thought for this evening: If there is something to evolution, to adaption of species, then that adaptation begins in the first generation, not the second. If we believe the change is transferred from one generation to the next, until millions of years later the change is completed, then the change begins in generation one.
   The body might die before the full change takes place. Healing from a hip takes time, and most might not have that time.
   But, the healing of a hip is evidence of evolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment