Monday, August 12, 2019

Taking Guns from Criminals would take a War

   If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.
  I would suggest, then, if we ban guns (or certain types of guns), we especially ban them from gangs and criminals and outlaws and desperadoes.  Actively seek them out, and take them away from the criminals.
   But, I say this with much reservation.
   I am aware of the credo, If you want my gun, you will have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers. I am sure that will be the rally cry of the gangsters. They will not surrender their weapons. It will be war to take them away.
   So, how do we take them away? I do not know. Do we only take them when they fall into our hands? Or, do we raid their houses and their gang houses?
   I do not know. As I say, I see the need for ridding guns from the hands of the criminals, but I wonder at how to go about getting them.
   One thought, is to bring a bigger weapon. If we have a search warrant, and they do not surrender, go in with a cannon and blow them up. I think on this one, not deciding if it is right. I think of the battles with the rum-runners during the prohibition, and can see taking guns from the criminals today would result in even bigger wars than Al Capone ever encountered.
   I wonder, though, if that might be necessary. It is not good that the criminals have guns. We do want to take them away.

No comments:

Post a Comment